– 1,5 pounds boneless top sirloin steak
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon salad oil
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon ground coriander
You also need a Basting Sauce and a Peanut Sauce
- Cut meat into 1-inch cubes.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, soy sauce, oil, cumin and coriander.
- Add meat and stir to coat, then cover and refridgerate for at least 2 hours or until next day, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare Basting Sauce and Peanut Sauce. Soak 10 to 12 long bamboo skewers in water.
- Lift meat from marinade and thread 4 or 5 pieces of meat on each skewer.
- Arrange skewers on a lightly greased grill 2 to 4 inches above a solid bed of hot coals.
- Grill, turning often, until well browned and done to your liking. Cut to test (8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare).
- About 3 minutes before meat is done, brush all over with Basting Sauce. Serve with the Peanut Sauce.
In a bowl, mix 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon each ground cumin and ground coriander.
- In a small pan, combine 1 cup water, 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter, and 2 cloves garlic (minced or pressed).
Cook over medium-low heat, stirring until mixture boils and thickens.
Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar, 1,5 tablespoon lemon juice,
1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1/4 teaspoon chili powder.