- 1 10″ loaf of french bread
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 to 2 TBSP of BBQ Rub (I used Albukirky Rub tonight)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked
- 3 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 sweet onion (vidalia, Texas sweets, etc) sliced into 1/4″ slices
- 4 slices pickles
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 oz Apple Pie Moonshine
- 1 brick wrapped in foil
- Set up your grillfor medium high heat. Place the foil wrapped brick on the grill and allow it and the grate to preheat for about 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk together the Apple Pie Moonshine and the barbecue sauce. The apple and cinnamon seem to enrich the flavors of the barbecue sauce while the “shine” gives it a twang or kick. TIP: For tailgating, do this at home and toss it in a cheap squirt bottle.
- Grill the onion slices for a few minutes per side until tender.
- Grill the pickle slices for about 2 minutes per side. Yes….grill your pickles. No, I’m serious.
Assemble your sandwich as follows: chicken, bbq rub, bacon, Hi-octane bbq sauce, cheese, onions, pickles, second round of Hi-octane bbq sauce
- Cut the sandwich in half. Place on the grill and top with the brick. Grill for 45 seconds or long enough to toast the bottom.
- Flip, top with the brick and grill another 45 seconds.
Pair with a side and enjoy! Be sure to check out Chris’ site, NibbleMeThis for more mouthwatering recipes!