Chris Grove of NibbleMeThis, is an all star griller and when I saw these bbq nachos, I new they'd be perfect for “tailgating 2.0”. Here are Chris' directions:
“I smoked a pork butt this weekend (click here to find why this cut from the shoulder is called a “butt”). The cook went pretty much as expected. Here is the cooking log from that cook. It took right on the nose of 1 1/2 hours per pound. (Double click the pic and zoom in to see detail)
I like my bbq nachos “built from the floor up” as follows:Print
- White tortilla chips
- iceburg lettuce (save the fancy stuff for salads!)
- Colby jack cheese mix shredded
- pulled pork
- a blend of diced red, green, and white onions
- black olives
- BBQ sauce (something sweet like Smoky Mountain Smokers or Blues Hog)
- homemade queso sauce with red peppers, cilantro, and BBQ rub (something hot like Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk)
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Man it has been a while since I have made these. Now that football season is here I need to make a few batches soon.