- 1 Each Yellow Squash-ends removed, cut into rounds, 1/2” thick
- 1 Each Zucchini-ends removed, cut into rounds
- 1 Each Red Bell Pepper-roasted, skin, stem
and seeds removed
- 1 Ball Fresh Mozzarella Cheese-cut into thin 1/2 rounds
- To Drizzle Olive Oil
- To Taste Gagliardo’s Spice Mix-or kosher salt and black pepper
- To Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar
Makes approximately 1 Cup
- 4 Ounces Fresh Basil
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 Ounces Almonds
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Ounces Parmesan Cheese-grated
Place all ingredients except the oil and cheese in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. With the food processor still running slowly add the oil until all has been incorporated. Empty the puree into a large mixing bowl, add the cheese and mix to combine, set aside while preparing the vegetables.
Preheat grill for direct heat grilling to medium high heat.
Drizzle the squash and zucchini with olive oil and season with spice mix.
Grill squash and zucchini on both sides, just until slightly charred, place on a plate and let cool to room temperature.
On individual plates or a serving platter alternate the vegetables with a slice of fresh mozzarella around the plate/platter. Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil on top of the vegetables. Place a scoop of the pesto in the middle of the plate/platter and serve.