- 2 lb. of ground round, enough for 10–12 sliders
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4–6 oz. blue cheese, for the sliders
- Mini buns or rolls
- Preheat grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees). Mix the meat with the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Start with a small ball of meat, (about 1/4 cup or so) and flatten into a disc.
- Put sliders on direct heat on and grill for three minutes each side. Once the slider has been flipped to the second side, add blue cheese to each one. After three minutes, check that the sliders have reached an internal temp of at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook the sliders according to the doneness you like your beef burgers- rare, medium, etc. Add buns to grill on the upper tray (gas) or on indirect heat for charcoal to slightly toast them.
- Once the sliders have been taken off the grill, “tent” them in foil for 5 minutes so the juices have time to redistribute and make a super juicy burger!
- Top with mayo, arugula and the Balsamic Red Onions that can be made beforehand.