If you want Buffalo Chicken Wings that are the real deal, then this authentic Buffalo-style wing recipe is for you.
The spicy and creamy wing sauce has plenty of tang when you marinate the wings first in apple cider vinegar.
These Buffalo wings are sure to please your guests at your next party.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh chopped Garlic
- Onion Powder
- Smoked Paprika
Buffalo Wing Sauce:
- 3 parts – Vinegar based Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce such as Bulliard’s or Frank’s RedHot (Avoid Tabasco as a main wing sauce base, but it can be used for additional flavor)
- 2 parts – Butter or margarine.
- Pinch garlic powder
- Marinade wings in apple cider vinegar and seasoning for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours
- Sear wings over direct high flame 4-5 min. each side (gas or charcoal)
- Move all wings to one side under low flame, keep other burners stepped (middle) medium heat (left) high heat to maintain temp. Or a 2 zone charcoal fire keeping wings over low zone. Rotate wings for equal direct grill exposure. (Slow drip of marinade creates small controlled flare-ups to give another layer of flavor!)
- With wings almost completely cooked, place wings over high heat, flipping once to bring temperature up and to insure proper “BBQ Glow”
- Mop with a little seasoning (Chef’s choice) 3-1 apple juice – cider vinegar mixture. A dash of beer never hurts as it always seems handy.
- Toss with Buffalo Wing Sauce and enjoy!
Keywords: grilled, buffalo wings, marinade