- 1.5–2 lbs skirt steak
- 1 onion, sliced in thin strips
- 2 largebell peppers, red/green/yellow or orange- sliced in strips
- 8 tortillas
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- t tablespoon lime zest
- 2 cloves garlic
Toppings (this can vary depending on what you like!)
- 1 avocado (optional), sliced in half- sprinkled with lime juice and sea salt
- 1 package queso fresco (white Mexican cheese), crumbled
- 2 limes, sliced
- sea salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno
Sautee your peppers in a skillet while the skirt steak grills on direct heat.
Combine all marinade ingredients in an immersion blender or food processor.
Marinate your skirt steak for at least 1 hour and up to 5 hours.
Preheat your grill for medium direct heat, about 350-400 degrees. Using a cast iron skillet, put the skillet on the grill and add the olive oil. Once the oil gets hot, add the onion and peppers to saute on the grill.
Grill the skirt steak on direct heat for 4 minutes per side, or until they begin to lightly develop char marks. Be careful not to overcook as this is a thin cut of meat and keep in mind that the meat will continue to cook after it’s taken off the grill. Tent the meat in foil for 5 minutes after it is taken off the grill. Once the onions are translucent, the veggies are ready to be taken off the grill.