I love good grilled wings just as much as the next person, so I asked my reader Ryane English to share his delicious recipe for what he calls his “Soon to be famous” grilled wings. He also shared his recipe for yummy Grilled Potato Jo Jo’s, which is the perfect side to wings and a great alternative to greasy fries. This isn’t your typical bar food!Print
- Dry rub made of Creole Seasoning, Cajun and Cayenne Pepper)
- Chicken Wings
- BBQ/Hot Sauce
- Packet of Ranch
- Franks red hot
- Good Seasons Italian dressing packet
1) Put the frozen wings on the grill and cover them on both sides w/ a dry rub consisting of Creole Seasoning, Cajun and Cayenne Pepper.
2) Cook on medium heat, around 350 degrees, for 40-45 minutes (less time for smaller wings).
3) Mix the wings in a homemade hot/BBQ sauce coating them completely
4) Turn grill down to low and put the wings back on the grill for about 3-5 minutes on each side so the wings sauce caramelizes.
5) Take them off the grill and serve them with celery and a homemade spicy ranch dressing (Packet of Ranch, Franks red hot, good seasons italian dressing packet).
- Olive oil
- Seasoned salt
- Red pepper flakes
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Ground pepper.
1) Take a large potato (whatever you like best for flavor) start with cold water and salt to brine them.
2) Put in pot and bring to boil, then let simmer (usually about 10 minutes after boiling).
3) Take out and let cool, then quarter them (the key is making sure they are NOT hot/soft still or you won’t be able to cut through them).
4) Then drizzle olive oil, seasoned salt, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder and ground pepper.
5) Place on grill until grill marks show (About 3-4 minutes on each side).
6) Then plate with chives sprinkled on them and enjoy!
I’m super lucky that my readers are always sharing their recipes and grilling tips with me. I’m always learning from you guys so keep them coming!