- Aluminum loaf pan or grill friendly loaf pan
- 1.25 lb ground sirloin
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped/grated pear
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon BBQ Rub (I used John Henry’s West Texas Cherry Chipotle Rub)
- salt, pepper to taste
For the squash:
- 1 acorn squash, sliced
- 1 heaping tablespoon curry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Olive oil, to taste
- salt, pepper
- While most meatloaf recipes are made with bread crumbs, I substituted the bread crumbs with the cooked quinoa.
- Cook the quionoa according to directions. For additional flavor, substitute the water for chicken broth.
- Mix the beef with the quinoa and the rest of the ingredients. Take a little additional rub and sprinkle on the top. Add additional sage leaves on the top of the meatloaf.
- Meanwhile, slice the acorn squash and drizzle with olive oil. Add the curry, brown sugar and sea salt.
- Bake the meatloaf for about an hour on a medium heat grill for about an hour, or until the internal temp reaches 170 degrees.
- Serve with hot sauce. You will love the sweet and savory taste of this meatloaf!