- Aluminum loaf pan or grill friendly loaf pan
- 1.25 lb ground sirloin
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped/grated pear
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon BBQ Rub (I used John Henry’s West Texas Cherry Chipotle Rub)
- salt, pepper to taste
For the squash:
- 1 acorn squash, sliced
- 1 heaping tablespoon curry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Olive oil, to taste
- salt, pepper
While most meatloaf recipes are made with bread crumbs, I substituted the bread crumbs with the cooked quinoa.
Cook the quionoa according to directions. For additional flavor, substitute the water for chicken broth.
Mix the beef with the quinoa and the rest of the ingredients. Take a little additional rub and sprinkle on the top. Add additional sage leaves on the top of the meatloaf.
Meanwhile, slice the acorn squash and drizzle with olive oil. Add the curry, brown sugar and sea salt.
Bake the meatloaf for about an hour on a medium heat grill for about an hour, or until the internal temp reaches 170 degrees.
Serve with hot sauce. You will love the sweet and savory taste of this meatloaf!