Skirt Steak Nachos
Churrasco is pretty much the same as skirt steak; down here in South Florida, I usually hear the terms interchangeably. I was first introduced to skirt steak when I was younger and lived in San Antonio and became to associate it with fajitas. All the same, it’s a great thin sliced meat that is best served cooked medium rare so it doesn’t get tough. As it is tailgating season, skirt steak nachos are a quick, tasty way to serve a crowd without a lot of cook time.Print
- nachos, 3/4 large bag
- 1 lb skirt steak (or more)
- cheese- sliced- I used a package of shredded “Mexican” cheeses
- 1 can of seasoned black beans
- 2 jalapenos
- tomatoes and onions, for the grill
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- Drizzle skirt steak in olive oil, add lots of salt and peppper. Grill the skirt steak on direct heat, no more than 8 minutes. You do not want to overcook the skirt steak (and remember that the meat will continue to cook after it is taken off the grill).
- At the same time, grill your jalapenos, tomatoes and onion slices. In a grill safe pot or pan, add the beans and cook on the grill. Let all of these cook as the meat cooks.
- By this time, you may have taken the meat off the grill. Take it off , tent it with foil, and let it rest until everything else is ready.
- Use 2 aluminum pie pans or another grill friendly shallow dish (in a pinch, doubled-up aluminum foil could be used) and spray it with non stick spray. Add your chips and divide the cheese between the two plates. The more cheese the better.
- Put the dish of nachos on the grill on indirect heat and let it heat until all the cheese has melted (8-10 minutes approx).
- Pull veggies, nachos and beans off the grill. Chop the veggies and skirt steak and put them on the nachos. Next, smother them in the beans and add chopped cilantro.
Add all your favorite toppings! I added sour cream, hot sauce and more salsa!
When tailgating, you can set up a “nacho bar” and let everyone add their favorite toppings!
- Method: 2 aluminum pie pans or another shallow grill friendly dish
If you enjoyed this skirt steak nachos, check out these related posts!