- 2 large mangos, chopped into large pieces
- 1 (small) red bell pepper (in this case I used the mini bell peppers that come in red and yellow)
- 2 jalapenos, chopped into large pieces to be skewered (seeded)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 bunch of mint, chopped or torn roughly
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 (large lime) – cut in half for juicing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
If using bamboo skewers, pre soak them for 20 minutes. Alternate mango, jalapeno, onion and peppers on the skewers. Drizzle them lightly with olive oil. Preheat your grill to medium direct heat (350 degrees) Grill them for at least 10 minutes, turning at least once to achieve char marks on the ingredients. Take off the grill and let cool.
Pull the veggies/fruit off the skewers and put them into a mixing bowl. Add the chopped avocado and mint to the mixture along with sea salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze the juice of the lime into the salsa. Mix all the ingredients together to form a thick salsa. You may need to do some additional chopping to make the pieces smaller. If you mix this enough it will resemble guacamole (because of the avo).
The mint leaves mixed with the charred jalapenos, plus the sweetness of the mango and creaminess of the avocado make this great as a dip for chips or as a salsa served on top of fish or chicken. It has an addictive quality!
Great creative with the ingredients in your fridge and make your own inspired grilled salsa! Let me know your experiments and how they turn out via the comment box below!