Peaches are in season and it is the perfect time to take them to the next level when you fire up your grill. I’m a big proponent of making the entire “meal on the grill” from start to finish and this includes dessert. This is a super easy way to feed a crowd and finish a meal with a light and tasty summertime treat.Print
- One angel food cake, sliced in 3″ thick pieces
- 6 peaches, halved and pitted
- McCormicks Sugar and Cinnamon Grinder OR, you can substitute 1/4 cup sugar, 1/8 cup cinnamon to make your own “dessert rub”
- Whipped creme, creme fraiche, cool whip or ice cream
- Heat grill to medium high heat, about 350 degrees. If you have already made dinner on the grill beforehand, keep the grill hot so you can put dessert on afterwards.
- Halve the peaches and remove the pit. Keep the skin on and place the inside half face down into the cinnamon/sugar rub mixture. If using the McCormick’s cinnamon sugar rub, grind a generous amount on the peaches so as to form a sugary crust on the inside of the halved peaches.
- Grill peaches about 5 minutes per side, until nice char marks form. Peaches will begin to caramelize on the grill forming their own sugary juices.
- Grill angel food cake or another cake of your choice on the grill long enough to get char marks, about 3 minutes per side.
As angel foodcake is a lowfat, light and airy cake, this is a guilt-free dessert! Serve the cake, peaches and ice cream together. Enjoy!