This dip is so good, you may eat the whole batch in one sitting! Enjoy!
- 6–8 ounces smoked fish, skin removed, meat chopped in coarsely (so as not to burn out the motor on your food processor!)
- 1/2 block Neufchatel cream cheese (Neufchatel is lower in fat and you can’t tell the difference in this recipe)
- 2 jalapenos
- juice of one lime
- zest of one lime
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup light mayo (or less, depending on how wet your mixture is and how well it is blending)
- salt, pepper to taste
Puree ingredients in a food processor until well blended. I like to make mine almost whipped so as to easily spread on crackers. Be like a true Floridian and serve this with pickled jalapenos and hot sauce!
- Prep Time: 12 hours (not including smoking)
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: smoked fish, fish dip
- Method: smoking, grilling
- Cuisine: Floribbean, Caribbean, Floriddean
Keywords: Smoked Fish Dip, Best Smoked Fish Dip, How to Smoke Fish, Best Florida Smoked Fish Dip Recipe, Fish Dip Recipe