I brought these cookies into work last week and my co-workers were surprised at how much they liked them as they were initially skeptical due to the addition of chipotle. The chipotle pepper flakes add a nice warmth to the overall heartiness of this rich cookie. I used (3) 85% Lindt dark chocolate bars and added dried cherries for a fruity finish. The dark chocolate and cherries complement each other and I guarantee you will make numerous trips back to the kitchen for seconds after these come out of the oven.
Oh, and the beauty is- these can be made in the oven OR Your Pellet Smoker!
First things first, preheat your oven or pellet smoker to 375 degrees……Print
Smoky chipotle plus dark chocolate make for an addictive Mexican Hot Chocolate Inspired Cookie that can be made in your oven or on your Pellet Smoker!
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 c. stick butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 c. all purpose flour (not self rising)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2– 3/4 c. dried cherries
- 3 large dark chocolate bars (85% cocoa)= approximately 12 ounces, chopped into small pieces (will equal roughly 2 cups)
- pinch cinammon
- 1–2 dried chipotle peppers, chopped fine (amount depends on if you like hear or not, use one for less heat)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix sugars, butter and egg in large bowl. Next, stir in the flour, salt and baking soda. Then add in the chocolate and cherries. The batter will be very stiff!!
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Let cool- the center of the cookie will still be soft when you take the pan out of the oven!
Do you love chocolate as much as I do? I got you covered with recipes that can be made on your smoker or your oven!!