This is a light yet SUPREMELY SATISFYING Mediterranean style sandwich that offers a nice alternative to your traditional ham and cheese (BORING!).Print
- Focaccia Bread, ciabatta or french bread/baquettes (enough for 4 sandwiches)
- 1 jar (13-15oz) of roasted red peppers
- 1 small container of goat cheese
- 1 jar olive tapenade
- 3+ cups of arugula (I LOVE THIS STUFF!)
- handful fresh basil
- Slice the bread lengthwise in halves. Spread olive tapenade on both sides generously.
- Next, spread the goat cheese liberally on top of the bread, on top of the tapenade.
- Drain the jar of roasted red peppers and cut them lengthwise into manageable pieces to fit on the sandwich.
- Layer the peppers and then add fresh arugula, basil, and large amounts of freshly ground pepper.
Additions for the omnivore:
This sandwich is also great with the addition of Italian sausage, capicola or salami, or Aidells sausage (these are great added to anything! )