AND THE WINNER IS:
Thanks to all who participated in this giveaway! It is inspiring to hear your goals this year, including eating healthier, not eating out as often, being more thankful for what you have, and focusing on building a better life for yourself. The winner for this giveaway is Chris Grove, who has been a gracious supporter of this blog for a very long time. Chris writes his own blog, NibbleMeThis.com, and his recipes are super tasty! Chris’ New Year’s resolution is to get back into Martial Arts this year. Chris, the next time I see you I would like for you to show me some moves!! I look forward to seeing what you do with Bourbon Barrel’s spices- they are my favorite!
It’s the end of the year and I’m in a Christmas Cookie-coma. The Holidays are over and I’m ready to start the New Year off with a bang. I’ve had tons of sweets gifted to me, and eaten many large Holiday dinners and I’m excited to get back into a routine of healthy eating and exercising. In order to start the New Year and this Giveaway off with a bang, I want to hear about your New Year’s resolutions. I’ll choose the winner based on how much they inspire me. I know Bourbon Barrel smoked salt, pepper and paprika kicked my cooking up a notch in 2012, which I am thankful for. This set of spices from Bourbon Barrel will set the stage for wonderful cooking for you in 2013. I’m going to start by sharing my resolutions with you:
1) DO YOGA, NOT YOGA PANTS: While I am very good at wearing Yoga pants, I’m going to attempt to justify wearing them by actually doing
yoga on occasion! I’m also going to try to start working out on a more regular basis, in contrast to the 2Xs a month in 2012.
2) EMBRACE (ALL TYPES OF) OUTDOOR COOKING: I want to expand outside my grilling safety zone and learn how to cook outdoors, in all different types of situations. I’d like get better at campfire cooking, cooking in firepits, using different types of cast iron/dutch oven cookery and so on. Ideally, I’d like to go camping more this year and learn how to cook fresh caught food in different environments. I want to be the Bear Grylls of outdoor cooking, minus all the gross stuff.
3) MORE STREET FOOD AND MEAT ON A STICK: I’d like to grow my repertoire of “satay” and skewer recipes. There are so many different types of “street food” that utilize different types of meat on a stick and I’d like to build on those foundations and bring new adventurous recipes to you this year, similar to my ever popular Cilantro-Lime Beef Satay recipe.
DRINK LESS WINE/ALCOHOL: DRINK BETTER WINE/ALCOHOL. Let’s be realistic here. I don’t want to set myself up for failure.
5) BE LESS CRITICAL OF MYSELF AND OTHERS: Let’s face it, I’m a Virgo and being critical is in my nature. The person I am usually most critical of is myself. I’d like to be more accepting of myself, and others too. I’m sure my husband would be thankful to hear me stop complaining about how big my butt is getting. This also goes back to more of #1-more exercising, which makes you feel better about yourself.
6) KALE IS COOL: I’d like to incorporate more “super foods” ie, nutritional powerhouses like beets, leafy greens and antioxidant rich foods like pomegranates, etc, into my recipes. If you make them irresistibly tasty, you can’t go wrong!
I look forward to hear your resolutions for 2013. I think the main point is not to make them so unrealistic (ie, #4) that you set yourself up for failure.
DETAILS: This contest will run until Tuesday, January 1, 2013. Please leave a comment on my blog with details on your New Year’s aspirations to be eligible for this giveaway. Consideration will also be given to those who go above and beyond and tweet, facebook, etc this giveaway. This giveaway is a $26.00 value offered from Bourbon Barrel foods including a set of their Bourbon Barrel smoked salt, pepper and paprika.
Cheers to a happy and prosperous 2013!