I brought these cookies into work last week and my co-workers were surprised at how much they liked them as they were initially skeptical due of the addition of chipotle. The chipotle pepper flakes adds a nice warmth to the overall heartiness of this rich cookie. I used (3) 85% lindt dark chocolate bars and added dried cherries for a fruity finish. The dark chocolate and cherries complement each other and I guarantee you will make numerous trips back to the kitchen for seconds after these come out of the oven.
First things first, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 c. stick butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 c. all purpose flour (not self rising)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2- 3/4 c. dried cherries
- 3 large dark chocolate bars (85% cocoa)= approximately 12 ounces, chopped into small pieces (will equal roughly 2 cups)
- pinch cinammon
- 1-2 dried chipotle peppers, chopped fine (amount depends on if you like hear or not, use one for less heat)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix sugars, butter and egg in large bowl. Next, stir in the flour, salt and baking soda. Then add in the chocolate and cherries. The batter will be very stiff!!
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Let cool- the center of the cookie will still be soft when you take the pan out of the oven!
Enjoy!!! These cookies will knock your socks off!!