This week is getting of to an interesting start. I have decided to do a “7 day rapid cleanse” and have vowed to stop drinking wine during the week, and I kicked it all off that night by finishing my taxes.
Monday we had flatbread pizza, a new favorite on my weekly “easy-backup” meal plan. “Flat Out” makes a flatbread (go figure) that is carb conscious, packed with good stuff like fiber and omegas, while also coming in cool flavors like spinach, italian, spelt… etc.
Ideas: this is not rocket science y’all! Or as we say here in South Florida- Vosotros!!
- Set the oven for 400 degrees.
- leftover spaghetti sauce, or pizza sauce or bruschetta topping. (I often make extra sauce and freeze it for easy dinners later).
- italian sausauge, meat, tofu, chicken or no meat at all!
- Hard cheese
How I make this kinda healthy is that I pile on the veggies, garlic, etc… Then I shave a hard cheese like parmesan (the kind you buy in a block, not in a jar) or reggiano and put that on as an ample condiment, but not as the main show.
On top of this I throw on some baby arugula with an ample shot of ground pepper and sea salt. TASTY!!
Now, for Scott’s recipe version, my Gene-blessed skinny boyfriend (who is such a hottie):
- the base and sauce are the same
- sans the vegetables (unless they are green peppers or onions as one would get on a Domino’s)
- AMPLE cheese: mozz, provo, etc- the soft white cheese that are more fattening
- Pepperoni or italian sausage or bacon (a Guy’s gotta get his meat on).
I have never tried this with beef jerky but I bet Scott, and your guy, would be up for that as an addition.
Bake for 7-9 minutes at 400.
***Great for catching up on tivo-ed Survivor episodes